Introducing Free Range Camping
Borne from necessity, FRC is the brainchild of Michelle & Robert Catania, who 5 years ago packed up the kids and travelled around Australia in their motorhome. They still haven’t stopped.
“When we started our trip, we found there was so much to learn and not one single resource where we could find everything we wanted all in one place, so we went about creating our own.”
Today, FRC has grown to one of the most comprehensive travel companions available to Campers, with over 80,000 members and a website visited by over 5000 users per day.
No matter if you are a seasoned camper or first time traveller looking to buy your own caravan FRC covers everything.
It is a directory with over 9000 different campsites including Rest Areas, Free Camps, Campgrounds, Caravan Parks as well as House sitting and opportunities to stay and help out on remote outback farms. It not only tells you about the sites, but also includes directions on how to get there; pricing details; and photos.
It is an information hub, with their website, newsletters and updates providing a wealth of information about the Camping & Caravan industry. Offering travel advice on which towns to visit, how to prepare for your big trip, which rig is best for you, and stories and advice from other travellers.
You can jump on their Facebook Page and touch base with over 120,000 other travellers for daily snippets on the latest campsites, businesses offering discounts, industry news, or just share a laugh or two with other likeminded travellers.
FRC is a FREE online resource available for anyone to use, or you have the option to join them as a Premium Club Member which for a small fee offers many other additional benefits such as;-
- Discounts at participating FRC business partners with savings and offerings on such things as Caravan Repair’s, Cafes & Restaurants, Camping Accessories, Groceries and more, all designed to inform you of trusted outlets as you go and to save you money while you travel.
- Access to the FRC APP which brings all the contents of the website together in an easy to use platform on your smartphone or tablet, which you can also use OFFLINE to find all the information you need at hand when you are outback with no internet.
- Savings on participating individual Caravan parks and automatic membership to the Kui Parks Chain of caravan parks which offer 10% off to Premium Members in their 80 Parks.
- Direct access to caRVan Insurance where you can find specialised Recreation Vehicle insurance, designed specifically for Caravans, Motorhomes or Camper Trailers. As a Premium Member, you can also take advantage of the exclusive 10% Discount.
- It also includes further discounts in the FRC online shop were you can find unique camping products and as a Premium Club Member purchase items up to 50% off and often with Free Shipping.
- A dedicated classified section allowing their members to buy and sell camping items from tents to caravans and all those things in between, with premium members able to list their items for Free.
- Free Crime Checks for anyone wishing to participate in their Help Out scheme and the chance to win great monthly prizes as a premium member.
Online insurance solutions for
Recreational Vehicle owners’
Register for a Quote Reminder
If your insurance is not due just now but you would like us to send you a reminder prior to your renewal date, please complete the following information and we will contact you with a reminder to get an online quote.